Post Doctoral Associate (2017-2018)
Candidates for the Post-Doctoral position with the University of Tennessee’s KLASS Center must have completed their doctoral degree requirements by the time of appointment.
All candidates should be from a graduate program in school psychology, approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and must be from an APA-approved or APPIC-listed internship program.
All candidates must be license-eligible in the State of Tennessee as a Psychologist and license-eligible or licensed as a School Psychologist in the State of Tennessee.
Experience with children in a school setting is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
This Post-Doctoral Associate position will be school-based in East Tennessee; that is, in a K-12 setting.
The Post-Doctoral Associate will:
- Participate in the clinical evaluation and care of clients in a variety of client care settings (clinic- and school-based) with sufficient frequency to achieve the competencies required by their discipline under the direct supervision of the supervising psychologist. Associates may write progress notes in client charts/files, although supervising psychologists may continue to review the care of their clients.
- Assume progressive responsibility for client care activities according to Associate’s level of education, ability and experience. The supervising psychologist will determine the Associate’s level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Communicate effectively with their supervising psychologist regarding the findings of their evaluations, interpretation of diagnostic tests, and intended interventions on a continual basis.
- Participate fully in the educational and scholarly activities of the program and, as required, assume responsibility for teaching and supervising interns and students, and conducting research.
- Participate in appropriate institutional committees and councils whose actions affect their education and/or client care including, but not limited to quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
- Develop a personal program of learning to foster continued professional growth with guidance from the teaching staff.
- Abide by all University policies and procedures, including the provisions of the KLASS Center Policy and Procedure Manual, the training programs and the regulations of any affiliated institution to which the Associate may be assigned.
Salary: $38,000.00 per year plus full benefits
Length of Appointment: August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2016 pending contract approval (may renew for one year in some circumstances).
The Post-Doctoral Associate position is designed to meet the minimum requirements to be licensed as a Psychologist w/Health Service Provider designation in the State of Tennessee.
Application Materials: Please submit a curriculum vita, two writing samples (de-identified psychoeducational evaluation report & a separate sample of research), and contact information for two references. Please send information to Brian Wilhoit, PhD, Director, (email@example.com).
Application Deadline: February 15th.